You are here:   Blog Description
Register   |  Login

Minimize

Belichick supports Patriots opt-outs, unsure if more will come

Jul
31
7/31/2020 5:25:59 PM
| More

Coach Bill Belichick says he fully supports the six Patriots who have opted out of the 2020 NFL season, Nicole Yang of the Boston Globe reports.

“I respect all of them,” Belichick said Friday afternoon. “I respect all the players on our team. We all have to make decisions.”

Running back Brandon Bolden, offensive tackle Marcus Cannon, safety Patrick Chung, linebacker Dont’a Hightower, guard Najee Toran, and fullback Dan Vitale have all elected not to play this season amid the coronavirus pandemic. Belichick said he has spoken to each of the players about their individual situations.

“He understands it’s a serious pandemic going on,” Chung said earlier this week in an interview with CBS This Morning. “He totally got it. You guys think Bill’s this drill sergeant, but he’s actually a very caring person. He totally understood. That was it. It was a short phone call.”

Belichick did not indicate whether the team is expecting more players to opt out. The deadline to do so is Aug. 3.

“My crystal ball is kind of cloudy right now, so I have no idea what will happen along those lines,” he said.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg 
 
 Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org 


Comments
You must register and be logged in to comment

Minimize

Minimize