Frustrated Bo Nix Throws Serious Shade At Sean Payton Over Sketchy Comments About His Season-Ending Ankle Injury
This article was originally published on Total Pro Sports.

Denver Broncos head coach Bo Nix is unhappy with comments made by head coach Sean Payton about his season-ending ankle injury.
Soon after the Broncos defeated the Buffalo Bills in the Divisional Round, they received devastating news: Bo Nix had suffered an ankle injury and would miss the remainder of the postseason.
The Broncos’ offense unraveled in the AFC Championship Game without Nix. Backup Jarrett Stidham threw a first-quarter touchdown, but the New England Patriots shut him down for the rest of the game as he committed two costly turnovers in a 10-7 loss.
Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Sean Payton said that Nix has “a condition that was predisposed”, and that a bad ankle injury was inevitable. Additionally, Payton said Nix has had multiple surgeries dating back to high school.
Per Mike Klis of 9NEWS, Bo Nix pushed back on Payton’s comment, saying there is “nothing predisposed.” On top of that, Nix questioned why Payton would mention how many procedures he’s had:
“Nothing predisposed, nothing that was there originally. That might have gotten confused…I don’t think he really should share how many surgeries I’ve had in the past to be honest with you because he doesn’t really know that…Nothing that concerns me, nothing that scares me going forward like I’m injury prone or anything. This was just one of those inconvenient football plays and I’m excited already to get back to work.”
There may be a disagreement between the two, but Broncos fans shouldn’t worry too much about it. Don’t forget their animated altercation on the sideline during a 2024 home game against the Las Vegas Raiders. Clearly, they’re on the same page.
Bo Nix & Broncos Have An Ultra-Bright Future

Nix’s season-ending injury was a tough break in a season where everything had been going Denver’s way. However, there’s still plenty of Nix and the fanbase to be excited about going forward.
The 2024 first-round pick is only going to get better from here. The Broncos should add more weapons around a unit that relied too much on Courtland Sutton and RJ Harvey. Their o-line is one of the best in football, too.
And finally, there’s that elite defense. Patrick Surtain II is the best defensive back in the game. The Broncos led the NFL in sacks this season. With all of their core players entering or in the middle of their primes, the future is beyond bright in Mile High City.
