Ravens Superstar WR Rashod Bateman Arrested For Allegedly Smashing Car With 3-Month-Old Baby Inside
This article was originally published on Total Pro Sports.

Rashod Bateman’s absence from Ravens OTAs in June raised some eyebrows earlier this month. And court documents obtained this week have revealed what was actually happening.
The Baltimore wide receiver missed organized team activities during that stretch, with offensive coordinator Declan Doyle telling reporters only that Bateman was “dealing with some personal things.” Bateman had been present for much of the offseason program before that absence began.
Those “personal things” have now come into focus. Bateman is reportedly facing a family violence charge in Walton County, Georgia, tied to an incident from June 3.
Court Documents Detail The Alleged Incident

According to court documents obtained by TMZ, the alleged victim told police the incident happened around 6 a.m. that morning.
Authorities claim Bateman used an object to break the windshield and driver’s side window of her 2021 Mercedes-Benz. The arrest warrant states that shattered glass caused multiple small lacerations to the woman’s face. Responding officers noted visible glass on her face and multiple contusions when they spoke with her.
The couple’s 3-month-old was reportedly sitting in a car seat in the back row of the vehicle during the incident, according to the documents.
Bateman’s attorneys say he surrendered to the Walton County Sheriff’s Office on the same day the incident occurred, a detail confirmed independently through Walton County booking records.
Weeks later, Bateman asked the court to lift a no-contact order, claiming the alleged victim had indicated she wanted to reestablish contact with him. A judge granted that request but maintained a standing order barring violent contact between the two. The court has since ruled that Bateman may see the woman once he completes a required class.
Ravens Say They’ve Been In Contact With Bateman

The Ravens organization addressed the situation directly.
“We are aware of the situation involving Rashod and have been in direct communication with him,” a team spokesperson told TMZ. “We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process. As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment.”
Bateman enters the 2026 season looking to bounce back from a difficult 2025 campaign that saw his production drop sharply, as he caught just 19 passes for 224 yards across 13 games. He’s entered this year on a list of NFL players facing pressure to prove themselves under Baltimore’s new coaching staff, a storyline that now carries additional weight given the ongoing legal matter.
The case remains active, but his trial date is unknown.
Bateman has not issued a personal statement addressing the allegations.
